Friday, January 5, 2024

Ouch! A title page review of The Italian Secretary

The shortest of posts! Browsing the shelves at Second Story Books in Rockville, I chanced to open a used copy of the Sherlock Holmes pastiche 'The Italian Secretary' by Caleb Carr. I remember struggling through this book on a flight after buying it at Heathrow Airport back in the late 90s. Really struggling.

So I felt validated by the previous owner who had decided to annotate the title page of their book: "The characters are neither Holmes nor Watson. The language is not Watson's either".

Brilliant. The book is still on the shelf at Second Story Books, and may be for quite some time!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

The first year of the blog - reviewed

Well, it's been ONE YEAR since the first post on my Sherlockian blog ( 221bcooee.blogspot.com/2023/05/hello.html ). At the time I knew i...